Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Monochrome: 36

The next week went by quickly as Kieran steadily searched for a new job with Finn’s assistance. Between this, the two talked and learned more about each other. They talked about their families (Finn had two older sisters), things they liked (Kieran often went jogging), and things they disliked (Finn was a vegetarian). Kieran started to improve, putting Finn in high spirits. He found himself sitting at work, missing Kieran.

Finn leaned against the counter, his arm supporting him. He tapped his fingers and stared off as he waited for customers. As he watched the people passing by the windows, his phone buzzed. He checked the screen, seeing a message from Kieran.

“got a second to talk?”

“Yes,” he sent back, signaling to his boss and ducking into the back room.

“So, what’s up?” Finn asked.

“I got a job,” Kieran said.

“What? Really?” Finn said, almost shouting.

“Hahaha, yeah. Record store. It’s actually in the same area as that book store you work at.”

“Oh! I know that place. When did you interview?”

“Just now.”

“You didn’t tell me!”

“I thought it’d be more amusing if I surprised you.”

“Well, anyways, that’s awesome! When are you starting?”

“Tomorrow.”

“Great! We should celebrate later!”

“Haha, alright. I’m gonna talk to Liadan about moving back in.”

“Okay! I’ll see you later.”

“Bye.”

No comments: