Sunday, December 5, 2010

Monochrome: 28

“What kind of stupid idea is that?” Devlin shouted.

“I don’t know, maybe it will fix me,” Kieran said.

“Fix you? What’s there to be fixed!? I thought this wasn’t an issue anymore,” she asked.

Kieran stared off, visibly strained. Devlin sat at the counter in his apartment as he sat against the wall.

“You can never look people in the eye.”

“…I know.”

Kieran rubbed his hand against his forehead. “Maybe this will work.”

“And what if it doesn’t?” Devlin asked.

“I don’t know,” he said. Devlin looked at her phone and sighed.

“Look, I have to go. If I’m gone too long, my dad’s gonna wonder what’s up, and I’d rather not deal with his bullshit. Please… don’t do anything drastic. Anything else,” Devlin said.

“Yeah.”

“Goodbye, Kieran.”

“Seeya.”

No comments: