Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Monochrome: 33

Finn made his return to the apartments, opening the double doors and wiping his shoes on the floor mat. The temperature change was dramatic, and his body was still shelled in cold. He went up the stairs to the his apartment, and looked for his keys. He placed his key in the door, which suddenly pulled away.

“Hi Finn!”

“Whoah!” Finn shouted. He stared at the man in the door, who was laughing. Gavin stood with a bag of chips.

“What are you doing here?!”

“Haha, I stopped by to see how you were doing, but Liadan told me you were still at the hospital. I decided I was going to wait, so, she let me in. Also, these chips are really good. I kind of ate all of them,” Gavin said.

“Holy crap, give me a little warning next time.”

“I didn’t intend to eat all of them, it just happened…”

“You know that’s not what I meant.”

“Of course,” Gavin said, smirking. He stepped out of the way and let Finn into his apartment.

“So, how’s the big guy doing?”

“Big guy?”

“Kieran. I mean, okay, he’s not that big. That was kind of stupid,” Gavin said. Finn stared at him. “Just… tell me what’s up before I keep rambling like an idiot.”

“He’s good. Doing a lot better,” Finn said, taking off his coat. “We talked. I think it helped him.”

“Ahh, that’s good. I know you were really worried about him. It kinda threw me off, but I get it now.”

“What?”

“You really care a lot about him,” Gavin said. He looked at the clock. “Oh, shit! I have to get going, Jenny’s going to be pissed.”

Gavin ran into the other room and grabbed his coat.

“Wait, what did you mean?” Finn asked.

“I gotta go, we’ll talk later or something!” Gavin said, and quickly ran out the door.

“Huh?”

No comments: