Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Monochrome: 8

Kieran shut and locked the door as he entered his apartment. He stood there for a moment, and leaned against the door. He sighed, and slid down into a sitting position.

Why did I do that?

He brought his hands to his face and grabbed at his hair. Nothing but frustration.

That was stupid. I shouldn’t have done that. I should’ve just stayed here. I shouldn’t…

He ran through his regrets and aggravation over and over in his head, slowly tensing up. A few minutes passed like this. He slammed his fist down on the floor.

“Goddamn it,” he muttered.

A soft knock came at the door.

“Sullivan,” Finn called through the door.

Kieran sat still for a moment, unsure if he should answer.

“I’m sorry about Gavin. He’s known me for a few years now, we’re pretty good friends. He’s kind of hot-headed sometimes, as you can see. I don‘t think he meant what he said, he‘s just mad, he wants to yell at someone…” Finn rambled.

“…it’s fine,” Kieran answered. “He’s right, anyways.”

“You always say that. You said that to me, too.”

“It’s true.”

There was a pause.

“…are you okay?” Finn asked.

“I’m fine, it’s not the end of the world.”

No comments: