This is Jack Dawson. He is a member of the Department of Parahuman Affairs (DPA) in Street Devil. I just started working on his design and this is what I have so far.
He's supposed to look fairly older. I want him to look like he's in his 30's. Currently, it's not quite the case... but I'm working on it.
He is Azazel's adoptive father. In this trial of his design, the scar on his face was caused by Azazel. Azazel triggered his abilities and attacked Jack before fleeing from his former home. From this point onward, Azazel could not remember anything about his family. Jack has shown great remorse over the incident, though Azazel refuses to forgive him.
This was supposed to be a sketch of Nyx, initially. I was trying to draw her so that I could figure out how to dress her, since her design is a little hard to work with her personality. All of my previous attempts to refine her style of dress have gone rather poorly.
Ironically, I never dressed this figure.
Nor did I even give her hands and feet.
And here's an Adam and Sei sketch. I'll need to be getting this done pretty soon.
I think the comic speaks for itself.
Making up their trainer outfits was kind of amusing. I guess the other person Sei is talking to would be me? I dunno. I just kinda sketched it like that but didn't really care.
Frequently, I talk to Dodger about my story ideas.
So, today I talked about a lot of Street Devil ideas.
Here they are, copied from conversation. Please ignore my tendency to ramble:
I was thinking over the scene with Devlin getting attacked... I haven't made much change to it yet, but, I thought of some stuff for the following scene... Anyways, I was thinking Azazel gets attacked as well... and he makes it back to the alley carrying Dev, fairly covered in blood... He falls over, unconscious, and the twins and Cain take Dev to the hospital. Erebos is out getting food, so Lilith is stuck with unconscious kinda-dead Azazel. So she's stuck bandaging him up... and he wakes up and tells her about what happened... and... that's all I have for that part. But eventually, the other three come back, yhen Erebos returns and has these two dudes with him and tells Cain and Azazel that they want to talk with them about Lilim, which I think works better than the previous plan. Azazel's adoptive father will still be in the DPA (Department of Parahuman Affairs), and they'll meet when Azazel and Cain arrive at the offices. Azazel flips out, then is calmed down forcibly. Then they talk in another room. His father is trying to apologize and Azazel's temperament is basically "Fuck you". First he offers that Azazel can live with them, which also receives the same "fuck you" sort of response... then offers money, again, "fuck you" sort of response. I might have him ask about his mother Then he leaves. I think I'll have him make it a very explicit point that he does not give a fuck about his father. Like, his father says, "we're both good--" "No, I didn't ask about you. You can just go fuck yourself. I want to know if the woman you put through hell is alright." I think I will give Azazel's father a scar from when Azazel left in a rage. I'm using the part where Lilith has to bandage up Azazel to make a scene where the two have to interact. This way, I can introduce Lilith a bit better and have a scene where Azazel isn't obsessed with her. His worries at the time are who Remiel is and if Devlin is going to live. I had an idea for better dialogue on the part where Dev finds out Azazel's a demon. Volos's powers are wearing off on him, so his horns start to show, so, she's like, "You're a para?" (Parahuman) And his first response is panic, so, she's like, "Dude, calm down. My best friend is a para." "Oh? Who's that?" "YOU, you retard." I was also considering that the first pages of Street Devil might be Azazel visiting Cain's grave, which bears his real name, Jacob.
Considering that at least two characters die in the final part of Street Devil, I decided that following the battle, there is a brief scene of the remaining cast attending a funeral service for their fallen friends.
I've been considering a scene where Adam burns down a church. I decided that the church is the monastery that Adam was raised in. Following this, Adam speaks with Lilith, asking whom her attacker was, years ago. Knowing he is going to kill her attacker, Lilith tells him.
I decided that Adam's group is now named Lilim and Azazel's group is now named Nephilim.
The name Lilim derives from Lilith, and is a species of demon in Jewish folklore. Nephilim is said to mean "those causing others to fall."
Eve's real name is Laura, in reference to Laura of "The Glass Menagerie".
I am thinking of making subtle hinting towards a relationship between Remiel and Adam.
Another thing I want to try is giving all the Lilim members a weapon based on mythological weapons. Such as Adam's Lance of Longinus.
If you do not recall, Veles' power is to merge with other beings. Volos was dying, and Veles merged with him. Later, Veles managed to separate Volos from him, but he wasn't the same. I was thinking that later Veles merges with Volos again, but makes Volos the dominant mind, essentially giving away his own life so that Volos can live like a normal person.
I recently decided that I wanted to do at least some of the 100 themes. This one is number ten, Breathe Again. My first thought was of Cain, as he is an avid smoker. I figured a profile would look neat. However, the person ended up looking older than Cain. So, we have some random smoker.
Remember; smoking is bad for your health.
Smoke trails are really fun to draw.
Have a character meme:
First, WITHOUT looking at the questions below, fill in 12 of your characters.
01) Who would make a better college professor, 6 (Volos) or 11 (Eve)? Eve; her power is super-intelligence.
02) Do you think 2 (Lilith) is hot? No. >>; Of course, she was never designed to be.
03) 12 (Vidar) sends 8 (Remiel) on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed? Probably something boring like having him find Eve. He'd probably get distracted and start hitting on people.
04) What is or would be 9's (Nyx's) favorite book? I can't really imagine her reading much, but, for irony's sake, White Fang.
05) Would it make more sense for 2 (Lilith) to swear loyalty to 6 (Volos), or the other way around? Other way; Lilith is very self-confined and Volos has no sense of individuality.
06) For some reason, 5 (Veles) is looking for a roommate. Should he/she share a studio apartment with 9 (Nyx) or with 10 (Fenris)? Hahaha, NEITHER. Nyx is a sadistic whore and Fenris is a lot like Azazel, whom he fights with.
07) 2 (Lilith), 7 (Adam) and 12 (Vidar) have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss? Wow, that would be assloads of awkward. They're all very quiet.
08) 3 (Cain) challenges 10 (Fenris) to a duel. What happens? Fenris gets destroyed. End.
09) If 1 (Azazel) stole 8's (Veles) most precious possession, how would s/he get it back? Veles would beat the shit out of Azazel.
10) Suggest a title for a story in which 7 (Adam) and 12 (Vidar) both attain what they most desire. The End of Humanity.
11) What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 (Erebos) and 1 (Azazel) to work together? EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T HAVE RED HAIR DIES! I don't know, really.
12) If 7 (Adam) visited you for the weekend, how would you get along? He would murder me.
13) If you could command 3 (Cain) to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be? "Stop smoking."
14) Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11 (Eve)? Nope.
15) If 2 (Lilith) had to choose sides between 4 (Erebos) and 5 (Veles), which would it be? Both?
16) What might 10 (Fenris) shout while charging into battle? "You're dead, bitch"
17) If you chose a song to represent 8 (Remiel), which song would you choose? I'm really not sure about that.
18) 1 (Azazel), 6 (Volos), and 12 (Vidar) are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it? Probably Azazel. Vidar and Volos are polite.
19) What might be a good pick-up line for 2 (Lilith) to use on 10 (Fenris)? "I'm female"
20) What would 5 (Veles) most likely be arrested for? Disrupting the peace?
21) What is 6's (Volos's) secret? If I told you that, I'd have to kill you. :U Some of you kids know anyways. >>
22) If 11 (Eve) and 9 (Nyx) were racing to a destination, who would get there first? Nyx. Eve is CRIPPLED.
23) If you had to walk home through a bad neighbourhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 (Adam) or 8 (Remiel)? Neither. They'd both kill me. >>;
24.) If 4 (Erebos) gave 10 (Fenris) a birthday present, what would s/he be likely to give him/her? A punch in the face.
Sometimes I get these tiny bursts of inspiration and new ideas will flow to me.
I'll list a bunch of ideas I have had lately. They will not necessarily be used; they are just ideas.
-Lilith forgets how to use her powers (shielding). -Nyx is a victim of rape. -Azazel is conscious during the end of the final battle. (To those who know of this 'final battle', you will know what I am talking about. I hope.) -Erebos is half-demon. -Six is no longer a character. -Hellbound has been abandoned. All vital information shall be at the end of Street Devil. -Oneshot spin-off of the cast in a normal life; meaning, they are not demons, and they go to school. -Erebos wears glasses. -Cain is an artist. -Azazel and Lilith begin to develop a sort of strange, quiet relationship. -Adam has black hair. -Eve and Vidar are attracted to each other. -Erebos attended school a bit longer than the others. He is more literate and educated the others. Cain and Veles are the second most literate.